Best Tips for Playing Online Baccarat
Baccarat is a casino game requiring the least amount of skill to understand. It has some similarities to blackjack; however, unlike blackjack, it does not require the player to make any decisions after placing a wager. As a result, the amount of time needed to master it is minimal. On this page, we will walk you through the fundamentals of the game, provide you with a few pointers on how to play baccarat securely in your country, and provide you with the opportunity to play online baccarat for free before you check out any of our suggested real money online baccarat sites.
Where to play for real money?
Free Baccarat Game
If you’re new to baccarat, there’s no better way to get started than with our free online baccarat. There is no danger since it is solely for entertainment purposes. Even if you already know how to play baccarat, practicing on the computer with free baccarat might help you become acquainted with the game’s mechanics.
Live Dealer Baccarat
Surprisingly, as internet casino gaming grew, so did live dealer casino games. Several sites that provide online baccarat also offer live dealer baccarat. Live dealer baccarat is as safe as conventional online baccarat since it has genuine dealers hosting baccarat games and dealing cards from a studio. You put your bets as in any other online casino game, and you can see the cards being dealt in real-time. The dealer announces the results, and the computer scans the cards to calculate your winnings. There are many reasons to play live dealer baccarat, including:
The closest thing to an actual casino
Although traditional online baccarat is entertaining, there are moments when you want the atmosphere of a land-based casino more than anything else. Live baccarat casinos provide what their name implies: a genuine, walking, talking human dealer who deals out tangible cards.
The pace of the games is slower
When a real human is dealing with real cards, it takes a little longer for each hand than when a computer program is dealing. This is because actual cards are used. This makes keeping track of what’s going on during live baccarat games at casinos simpler.
Interaction between players
This feature is only available at some live dealer casinos but at some of them. It brings the social component of traditional casinos to online gambling by allowing players to communicate with one another while playing the game.
How to Play Baccarat Online
Baccarat is one of the easiest table games to play at an online casino. After placing your bet, there are no more decisions to make. You can learn the game in just a few minutes.
1. Select Your Game – navigate to the table games in the online casino lobby. Many casinos will have more than one version of baccarat. We suggest choosing a standard baccarat game rather than the “no commission” variety, as the odds and house edge we cite later correspond to regular baccarat.
2. Adjust Your Stakes – after the game loads, you can increase or decrease your bets. Don’t worry if you make a mistake. You can always clear your chances.
3. Place Your Bets – in baccarat; you bet on the Player, Banker, or a Tie. The Player and Banker do not correspond to you or the house – they are just names for the two hands dealt. You can freely bet on either one. After you place your bet and hit the “Deal” button, the dealer deals two cards to each hand. The winner is the hand whose cards add up closest to 9.
- Cards 2 through 9 count as face value, Aces count as 1, and Tens through Kings count as 0.
- If the Player or Banker is dealt a total of 8 or 9 right off the bat, that’s an automatic winner, called a “natural.”
- If the cards add up to more than 9, the first digit is dropped, and the second digit is the resulting value of the hand (ex: 6 + 8 = 14, drop the 1 to end up with a value of 4).
- If the Player has a total of 5 or fewer, the Player will be dealt one more card. If the Player stands (is not dealt one more card), the Banker will take another card if the Banker’s hand is five or less.
- There are other scenarios for the Banker taking another card if the Banker’s hand is more than five based on what third card the Player draws, but we won’t worry about those right now. The dealer does everything, so it is not important for our purposes. You can always check the game rules while you play to review everything. The important thing is which hand ends up closest to 9.
4. Payouts Are Made – If you bet on the hand with the higher total, regardless of which hand it is, you win! A winning Player bet pays out 1/1 (ex: you bet $10, you profit $10). A winning Banker bet also pays out 1/1, but the casino takes a 5% commission, effectively making it a 19/20 payout. This is because the Banker has an advantage, always acting second. A winning Tie bet pays 8/1, but more on that later.
5. Go Again – If you want to play another hand, you can clear your bets and start over; press the “Re-Bet” button to make the same bet you just made, or even click the button that doubles your previous bet. If you want to quit, close the window, and your money at the table will automatically be put into your account.
Best Baccarat Sites for Players in the Philippines
Rated by 1000+ Users
Rated by 900+ Users
Rated by 900+ Users
Rated by 1000+ Users
Rated by 900+ Users
Quick Tips for Baccarat Strategy
This is going to be a short section. There needs to be more strategy involved with online baccarat. Ignore someone who pushes some complex “winning” betting system. There are three main things to remember:
Always bet on the Banker – the house edge on a banker bet is 1.06%, even with the 5% commission. The house edge on the player bet is 1.24%. It’s not a huge difference, but it’s a difference nonetheless. Bet on the Banker. It’s boring, but it’s the strategy that will give you the best chance to win. The probability of the Banker’s hand winning is 45.86%, while the Player’s hand probability is 44.62%.
Don’t bet on a tie – sure, it pays 8/1, but the house edge is 14.4%. It’s a terrible bet. The probability of a Tie is 9.52%.
Don’t bite on the side bets – similar to the above, and the payouts aren’t worth the house edge.
Additionally, keep track of your bankroll. Only gamble with money that you can afford to lose. When at the online baccarat table, we advise you not to bet more than 5% of your bankroll at any time. It gives you a cushion should you have a rough go for a while, but it’s enough that the winnings can still add up.
Like other casino games, online casino sites offer bonuses for playing baccarat. Some of the more common types include:
Online casinos, particularly the ones we have researched and recommend, give players a percentage of their initial deposit as a bonus. The bonuses are usually released to you in increments, and you must wager a certain amount (called a “playthrough requirement”) to earn the bonus. Remember that because the house edge is so low in online baccarat, the playthrough requirements are almost always much higher than if you played something like slots. Usually, 100% of slot play counts toward playthrough requirements, whereas baccarat play is measured at a 25% rate or lower, often as low as 5% or 10%.
Free Bet for Baccarat
Less common than Deposit Bonuses, free bets are effectively reimbursements from the casino. With a free bet bonus, the online casino gives you a free bet equal to your initial bet if you lost that first wager.
Live Dealer Baccarat Bonuses
Many online casinos have live dealer baccarat games but don’t count on them to be useful for clearing bonuses. As mentioned, casinos typically have steep requirements for online baccarat hands to earn a reward. Live dealer baccarat games often don’t count at all toward playthrough requirements. Be sure to check the bonus rules with the casino.
BEST ONLINE BACCARAT TO PLAY ONLINE
DRAGON ACE CASINO
WORLD BACCARAT CLASSIC
WORLD BACCARAT KING